PHYSICAL VISITS TO THE OFFICE
We will be making some changes to standards at our office to minimize any risk and to continue
to provide appropriate services. Some changes you will see to our physical space:
1. Waiting room chairs will be spaced further apart. This will result in less seating, so we are asking that only
patients and one family member be present whenever possible.
2. All nonessential items will be removed from the waiting room areas, including magazines, books, toys, etc.
3. Clinicians will wash their hands after each session.
4. All common areas will be disinfected frequently. It is possible you will see our team members wiping
areas down throughout the day to remain proactive.
5. Our team members will not engage in handshaking when meeting clients or ending sessions.
6. We ask that you practice social distancing at the check in/out counter.
We will be asking you a series of questions:
1. Do you have a fever of 100.0 or above?
2. Have had symptoms of a respiratory infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat)?
3. In the last 14 days, have you had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, under investigation for COVID-19, or ill with respiratory illness?
4. Have you traveled internationally within the last 14 days?
5. Is your residence in a community with community-based spread of COVID-19?
If you answer yes to any of the questions or are unwilling to answer the questions, we will not be able to see you and can move your appointment to a virtual appointment.
TELEHEALTH VIRTUAL VISITS
We are happy to schedule you for a virtual telehealth visit. Most insurance and EAP companies are covering these types of visits. Below is the criteria for an appointment.
1. You are located in Pennsylvania.
2. You are in a room alone (or with a parent depending on your age).
3. You have access to internet or internet data on your phone.
4. You have access and ability to the use of camera and audio for the visit, most use their cell phones.
We use Doxy.Me platform. Here is how your appointment will occur.
1. You will arrange with the front office staff at Hanover (717-632-8400) or York (717-747-3659) to change your appointment to virtual telehealth.
2. Your clinician will send you a link to their virtual waiting room.
3. A few minutes before your appointment, you will click the link, and wait in a virtual waiting room.
4. At the time of your appointment, your clinician will join you.
The mission of Cognitive Health Solutions, LLC is to guide our patients along a path of optimal wellness for life, with an emphasis on cognitive, behavioral, and mental health. We deliver the highest possible level of care with empathy and understanding in a nonjudgmental manner. We continuously and relentlessly pursue excellence through providing and participating in continuing education opportunities, personal and team growth, and mastering of leading edge research and techniques within our field. We treat our patients and employees as individuals, and we strive to deliver care with first class, five star service. We respect our patients’ time and accept our patients as partners in their growth and wellness. We make all attempts to consistently deliver more than would reasonably be expected.
Cognitive Health Solutions, LLC (CHS) is a practice dedicated to promoting cognitive and behavioral health for children, adolescents, and adults. CHS continually strives to provide well-studied and evidenced-based intervention and evaluation approaches psychology, education, and mental health to consumers of our practice. Our assessment and evaluation services follow a neurocognitive process-oriented approach, which integrates quantitative test data, qualitative behavior observations, background information, and current research in psychology and neuroscience. Our intervention services use a cognitive-behavior therapy (CBT) approach, which is a research-based psychotherapy that has been shown to be effective with a number of mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety, anger, etc. In addition to the clinical services, we offer professional trainings to psychologists, school psychologists, counselors, social workers, and other educational and mental health professionals. The goal of the continuing education component at CHS is to provide professionals the most current research-based information on intervention, assessment, and psychotherapy. To accomplish this, we offer free-standing continuing education programs on topics relevant to psychology, mental health, and education.